- Grade 4: we will be continuing to go over number values, and I will begin to integrate multiplication and division (2 or 3 digits by 1 digit).
- Grade 5: we will be continuing to go over number values, and I will begin to integrate multiplication (2 digits by 2 digits) and division (3 digits by 1 digits with and without remainders)
SCIENCES/ SOCIAL STUDIES
- We have completed our unit on Weather and we are now moving into Simple Machines. This unit will see you child complete some group work and a few small projects.
- We are also going to be covering some content on our Salmon Habitat and visit the Quinsam Hatchery.
- We will also begin to look at our First Nations cultures.
- Work Habits/ Career poster projects will be presented this month.
- Our Young Entrepreneurs project continues. I look forward to the fair on December 12th.
- We will continue to work on reading strategies (CAFE program) and journal writing, as well as responding to reading.
- We will continue to work on the Daily 3: Reading to Self, Reading to others, Writing.
- Journal writing continues.
- For writing – we will be looking at how to formulate proper sentence structures.
PE – continued focus on Cooperative games, fair play, leadership and teamwork.